Therapy for Men
- Do you struggle to express or name your feelings?
- Are you finding it hard to make meaning or sense of your life or relationships?
- Do you feel overwhelmed or shut down when your partner expresses her/his/their feelings and needs?
- Is something amiss which you can't quite put your finger on?
- Are you preoccupied with confusing events from childhood?
- Maybe you've tried to comfort yourself through the use of substances or other addictive or self-harming behaviors?
Rather than trying to simply stop this discomfort, we will be curious together about what these parts might need, might be trying to voice, and will work to find healthier, more sustainable ways for you to get your needs met. Through deep listening and self-understanding, we can uncover that which you hope to realize, as well as the roadblocks which stand in your way.
This type of collaborative exploration allows us to understand and root out your difficulties at a very deep level, leading to real and lasting change.
If you’re interested in speaking with me about beginning psychotherapy, please call me for a phone consultation: (510)269-7029.